Aug 13, 2020

Make sure to plan for the unexpected during your college days

When I decided to go to college, I was prepared for the life changes that were inevitably going to happen. Transitioning into an experience that was catered to broaden and build upon my academic, intellectual, and even personal development and growth was an experience that I truly cannot say I have ever come close to seeing play out in any other set of circumstances. Anyone I know who has gone to college and completed their degree knows all too well that this is an experience that changes you in many ways and shapes you into the person that you are ultimately evolving into.

For each and every student, the college experience is of course different, however there are always some key fundamentals that stay the same no matter who you are, where in the world you live, or which college you are going to attend. These core fundamentals play important roles in how the overall framework of the college experience is formed and built upon over the duration of an individual’s college experience. No one can definitively say what their college experience is going to be until they get there. And that is half the fun.

The unique experience of going to college

Being a higher education student is an experience that is unlike any other. Making the decision to go to college is a great one because it opens a world of opportunities and possibilities up to you not only while you are studying but in the years after you have successfully completed your degree and go on to build your career. There are so many pieces of advice that everyone always wants to give college students. So much, in fact, that it can be daunting to try to sift through it all so that you can take adequate note of the most important parts of all. So, as a college student myself, there is just one valuable piece of advice I can give you each and every college student.

The best piece of advice I can give to other students

One of the biggest lessons I learnt (and one of the most important pieces of advice I can give anyone else who is planning to attend college) is to make room to plan for the unexpected as much as you possibly can. You can plan to research your assignments and study for your exams all you want, but then there are also components that you can never fully prepare yourself for. Which is why it is always important to plan for the unexpected as much as you can. Sometimes, that means having to study more for an exam you felt confident for and sometimes it means investing in the professional assistance and guidance of San Diego auto accident lawyers if you are involved in a car accident on the way to or from campus or work. Whatever situation it is, it is important to be prepared for the unexpected.

Some final thoughts

At the end of the day, all you can hope for is that you are confident enough in and of yourself that you are able to navigate the ebbs and flows of unexpected circumstances and overall experience that is higher education with as much grace and preparedness as possible. You will make mistakes (we all do) however it is how you deal with those mistakes that matters the most. This is exactly how, when, where, and why being prepared for the unexpected is so phenomenally important as a college student – no matter who you are.

Previous Story CSU’s alternative to AB 1460 passes despite disapproval from ethnic studies community article thumbnail mt-3

CSU’s alternative to AB 1460 passes despite disapproval from ethnic studies community

Next Story What Is the Best Way for Me to Raise Money for My Student Group? article thumbnail mt-3

What Is the Best Way for Me to Raise Money for My Student Group?