Dec 12, 2019
Caucasian girl woman holds phone instagram social media bloger icon followers likes comments addicted concept

How Can I Grow My Following in Instagram?

I recently launched my own business as a sole proprietor. I know that social media will be a big part of my marketing strategy, and Instagram is the preferred platform of my target audience. I’ve been gradually building up my following, but I seem to have hit a plateau. My follower numbers are stagnant, and some days, they decline. I’m having trouble getting new real followers and keeping them around. Do you have any tips or advice?

Instagram has grown to become one of the top social platforms on the Internet. More than 1 billion people use Instagram every month, and 500 million people are using the platform every single day.

Engagement tends to be higher on Instagram compared to other social networks, which is great for business. It allows you to build your brand, maintain close relationships with your audience, and ultimately, bring in more sales.

But how do you grow your following? Internal algorithm changes at Instagram have made it more difficult to gain followers and content views. However, with patience and diligence, you can overcome these obstacles.

It’s possible to gain real Instagram followers if you create a plan and stick to it.

You already have a following, so you can start by creating your own hashtag. Make sure that people know to use your hashtag when sharing content related to your brand. Your hashtag should be visible:

• On your social profiles
  • On your printed receipts
  • In signs at your store (if applicable)
  • In print advertisements

Don’t be afraid to get creative with your hashtags. Make sure that you’re using the obvious hashtags, but throw in a few that will catch people’s attention. Be funny or outrageous. Just don’t be boring.

Many Instagram marketers make the mistake of skipping photo captions entirely, or filling that space with a mountain of hashtags. Hashtags are great – that’s how people find your content – but you also need to give purpose to your photo content. That’s where captions come in.

Tell a story with your photos. What was the purpose of the photo? What’s your message? What’s on your mind?

Yes, your followers want to see your photos, but they also want to learn more about the face behind the brand.

Speaking of branding, have you developed yours? Developing your brand will allow you create a unique Instagram style that’s instantly recognizable every time followers see your posts.

Content will ultimately be the most important thing when it comes to gaining followers. Engaging with your audience is nearly as important. Great content gets your followers talking and provides ample opportunity to connect with your audience.

Instagram is a bit different from other platforms in that your content will be primarily visual. This can be fun, but it can also be more time-consuming and resource-intensive. Plan out your content wisely and decide who will be capturing the photos for your social account. If you have experience with photography and a great camera, you can create your own content. If not, you may have to hire a professional to get the shots you need.

Previous Story I Have a Medical Emergency. What Kind of Loans Can I Take Out? article thumbnail mt-3

I Have a Medical Emergency. What Kind of Loans Can I Take Out?

Next Story President Castro appointed to College Football Playoff Board of Managers article thumbnail mt-3

President Castro appointed to College Football Playoff Board of Managers