â€¢ 6 egg yolks
â€¢ 5 cups of milk
â€¢ Â¾ cup of sugar
â€¢ 2 cinnamon sticks
â€¢ 2 tbsp. Vanilla extract
â€¢ Pinch of baking soda
1. Mix one cup of milk with six egg yolks and baking soda in a blender. Strain the mixture and put it aside.
2. Place the remaining milk, sugar, cinnamon sticks, and vanilla extract in a pot and bring it to a boil on med/high heat. Stir constantly.
3. Bring the heat down to low and add the egg-milk mixture.
4. Stir nonstop until it comes to a boil for about 15-20 minutes.
5. Let it cool and serve warm. If there is any leftover you can put in the refrigerator and drink cold.
Compiled by Sandra Sedano / The Collegian