LATEST

Demo Blog With Map

New LED lighting, pavement added near Bulldog Stadium

Fresno State students returning for fall semester will find much improved street lighting and fresh pavement near Bulldog Stadium. Over the summer, the City of Fresno installed new and brighter street lights on Bulldog Lane west of Cedar Avenue and ...

Read More »

Free speech is about listening, not speaking

Welcome (back) to campus for the start of another academic year, a year I hope we start with open minds, open hearts, and open ears. Like most college campuses, maybe throughout history, ours houses some memories, some recent memories, of ...

Read More »

Fresno home of William Saroyan, Pulitzer Prize playwright and author, to become museum

The west-central Fresno home of prize-winning playwright and author William Saroyan will open to the public and researchers as a cultural site and museum on Friday, Aug. 31 — on his 110th birthday. Saroyan lived in the house at 2729 ...

Read More »

Campus innovation accelerator accepting applications until Aug. 1

The Valley Ventures Accelerator at Fresno State is accepting applications for its third cohort of emerging companies in the water, agriculture and energy technology fields, according to a Fresno State News. Deadline to apply is Aug. 1. According to a ...

Read More »

It took a can of tuna to get these kitties down from an office ceiling

It turns out that all you need to get two trapped kittens and their mother down from a ceiling is a can of tuna. That’s what was used recently to capture two kittens and a mother cat who became trapped inside ...

Read More »

The Power of Lasers

We live in the future, my mom always says. Tiny smartphones, the internet everywhere, little speakers that talk to you, answer questions, etc. That’s all pretty cool, but, as my dad always asks, “Where’s my jetpack?”   My version of ...

Read More »

Motorcycle Dangers and Safety

I’m getting very close to graduation, and I’m very excited about heading out into the real world. I’ll have my first job and start off my new career, I’ll have my own place to live and my own money, and ...

Read More »

Next fight for Jose Ramirez will be Sept. 14. Location and opponent not known

UPDATE, JULY 13, 2018: ESPN announced that Jose Ramirez will fight Antonio Orozco on Sept. 14 at Fresno’s Save Mart Center. ORIGINAL STORY: World Boxing Council super lightweight champion Jose Ramirez’s next title defense will be on Sept. 14, according ...

Read More »

Minimalist Living

I have too much stuff in my off-campus apartment, and it’s driving me nuts. I don’t know how I ended up with so many possessions — I mean, I’m still young! Imagine how crammed my space is going to be ...

Read More »

Gang member enters ‘not guilty’ plea in alleged murder of engineering student

Kenneth Lee, 20, an alleged Fresno gang member, pleaded not guilty in Fresno Superior Court on Thursday in the 2016 killing of Fresno State engineering student Barket Shita, 25, of Fresno. Lee was arrested on June 6 following a 19-month ...

Read More »

Want to be a peer adviser at Fresno State? Here are the training dates

The Cross Cultural and Gender Center at Fresno State recently announced it is recruiting students to join the center’s volunteer ‘Peers Supporting Peers’ program for the fall semester. According to Joury Robles, the graduate coordinator for LGBTQ+ services at the ...

Read More »

Jose Ramirez warms up before Saturday match. But his opponent won’t be there?

World Boxing Council super lightweight title holder Jose Ramirez electrified a near-capacity crowd on Fourth of July afternoon at the Tioga Sequoia Brewery’s beer garden with his lightning-quick hands. But he may not get to use them any time soon. ...

Read More »

Balancing Student Schedules

I’ve enjoyed my time as a student so far, but it hasn’t been without its stress! I’ve been very busy all the time, and while it’s been fun and rewarding, it has also been exhausting. I look forward to graduating, ...

Read More »

When Relationships Stall

I dated my ex-boyfriend for three years, and, for a long time, I let him down. I ignored things he wanted, and I let my life get out of control. Now, I’m paying for it, because he’s done with me. ...

Read More »

Personal Injury Law Abroad

Is it just me, or do Americans love to sue each other? It seems like I can’t turn on the TV without seeing an ad for a personal injury lawyer, can’t go for a drive without seeing a personal injury ...

Read More »

Terry Tumey officially in as Fresno State’s new athletic director. First day is Aug. 1

Terry Tumey was formally introduced Monday as Fresno State’s new athletic director by President Dr. Joseph Castro. Castro first announced Tumey’s hiring on social media last Thursday. Tumey is currently the director of athletics, physical education, and recreation at Claremont-Mudd–Scripps ...

Read More »

Fresno State has a new athletic director. Formal announcement coming Monday

Fresno State president Dr. Jose I. Castro announced Thursday that Terry Tumey has been hired to replace Jim Bartko as Athletic Director. Bartko left the Bulldogs in November 2017. Tumey is currently the director of athletics, physical education and recreation ...

Read More »

This is all the construction happening at Fresno State this summer

It’s summer and the Fresno State campus may seem peaceful. But it’s not so. With construction projects underway, the university is taking advantage of the months free of student traffic. Associate Vice President for Facilities Management Tinnah Medina said there ...

Read More »