Demo Blog With Map

Video shows student taking down anti-abortion posters at Fresno State

The Fresno State Police Department is apparently investigating complaints that a student ripped anti-abortion posters off walls as the group who posted them recorded the incident. Bernadette Tasy, president of the Fresno State chapter of Students for Life, said the ...

Read More »

Letter: Would you want to study at a university where freedom of speech is an ‘afterthought?’

By: Emily McKay Johnson Whether she’s a professor, a writer or just a woman existing, Randa Jarrar has every right to say whatever she wants. The problem is the context of her tweet was forgotten and instead, an outraged populous ...

Read More »

What teams look best in the NBA playoffs and who will go number one in the upcoming NFL draft?

Host Jorge Rodriguez and recurring guest William Ramirez talk about the NBA playoffs, which teams have surprised them and which one’s have let them down. They talk about the upcoming NFL draft and the which prospects look best to make ...

Read More »

Tuition rate won’t change for the 2018-19 school year, CSU chancellor says

California State University (CSU) tuition will neither increase or decrease for the 2018-2019 school year, according a news release by Fresno State President Dr. Joseph Castro. CSU Chancellor Timothy White said the decision to leave tuition unchanged for the upcoming ...

Read More »

Craig School dean appointed as interim provost

Fresno State Craig School of Business dean Dr. Robert M. Harper was appointed as interim provost, according to a news release by University President Dr. Joseph Castro. The announcement comes after Fresno State Provost Lynnette Zelezny was appointed as president ...

Read More »

Students ease stress through painting as part of a month-long campaign

Students got to relax with arts and crafts at ‘Press Pause and Paint,’ an event on April 18 at the Bulldog Zone. The event, hosted by the Student Health and Counseling Center, was an opportunity for people to unwind by ...

Read More »

ASI Notebook: ASI votes to include mental health resources in course syllabuses

The Associated Students Inc. (ASI) passed a resolution to support mental health awareness and voted to approve the 2018-2019 budget at their senate meeting on Wednesday, April 18. Resolution to add list of resources in all course syllabuses Sen. Elias ...

Read More »

Letter: One tweet does not define the views of Fresno State

By: Blake Zante All week long, I have received hateful calls and social media messages about the recent incident at Fresno State. But that is not what this letter is about. All of this negativity reminded me of why I ...

Read More »

Letter: After school programs are key to getting kids off their phones

By: Stephany Corona As a college student, I know well that many of today’s youth are focused too much on social media, their electronic devices and improving their popularity status regardless of the cost. Instead of focusing on improving their ...

Read More »

Letter: Collegian article on social work student protest was ‘innacurate’

By: Martha Vungkhanching I would like to respond to the article “Who’s To Blame” published in The Collegian on Wednesday, April 18, 2018, as written by Razmik Cañas and William Ramirez. The concerns and opinions of students in our Department of ...

Read More »

City of Fresno calls April 19, 2018 ‘Collegian Day’

The City of Fresno on Thursday awarded a proclamation to The Collegian student newspaper, naming April 19, 2018 as “Collegian Day” in the city. Councilman Paul Caprioglio handed Collegian staff the proclamation. It states that Fresno Mayor Lee Brand and ...

Read More »

Letter: Stone Soup Fresno offers early childhood education to community

By: Mai Her Stone Soup Fresno is a non-profit organization with a rich history of  20-plus years dedicated to helping the South-east Asian Community. Some of the programs that are offered at Stone Soup Fresno are an Early Childhood Education ...

Read More »

At a news conference, Fresno State assesses how to act on professor’s fiery tweets

Fresno State English professor Randa Jarrar is not in the clear after she made fiery comments against former First Lady Barbara Bush on Twitter Tuesday. At a news conference Wednesday, Fresno State was still assessing how it would move forward ...

Read More »

‘Eat the rainbow:’ nutritional tours make healthy eating easy

Eating healthy can be a challenge at times, especially for college students. But a group of Fresno State dietetic students are teaching community members that it’s as easy as adding one more healthy ingredient to their meals. The Bulldogs in ...

Read More »

Fresno State colleges display research by students

The College of Health and Human Services celebrated its annual research showcase at the University Dining Hall Tuesday night, where seven colleges at Fresno State and other programs showcased their research to attendees. The event consisted of 31 research poster ...

Read More »

Engineer pitches high speed rail project to Fresno State students

Fresno State students got the chance to learn more about the construction of the California High-Speed Rail. Heidi Lanza, transportation engineer for the California High-Speed Rail, visited Fresno State on Tuesday to give a talk on how the high-speed rail ...

Read More »

Fresno State on fire at Bob Bennett Stadium

It was a cold night at Bob Bennett Stadium, but the Fresno State baseball team was on fire before taking an 8-5 win over Saint Mary’s College of California on Tuesday. The ‘Dogs took an early lead in the second ...

Read More »

Fresno State student headed to Brazil to judge soil

Fresno State’s Mark Castanon is headed to Rio de Janiero to compete in the International Soil Judging Contest after placing fifth at the national competition. “Our team’s performance was a representation of all the hard work and dedication that we ...

Read More »