Meet your ASI candidates: Monserrath Sanchez, Vice President of External Affairs

Hello,

I am Monserrath, and I would love to have your support as a candidate for ASI vice president of external affairs. I am currently a sophomore pursuing a degree in political science with a minor in public administration.

I currently work in the Latino/a Programs and Services at the Cross Cultural and Gender Center. There I am able to work with students to listen to their concerns, educate the community and celebrate the Latinx culture.

Last summer, I had the honor to be an intern in the office of former congressman Xavier Becerra, who is now California’s attorney general. During my internship, I was able to listen to the concerns of the district’s constituents and ensure they were brought up to other staff as well as the congressman.

Additionally, I led and aided numerous projects for Congressional staff, including coordinating legislation with foreign-language governments, drafting media and press releases and writing constituent response letters.

One of the key issues I want to address is the ensurement of accessible education for all students, regardless of their individual identities. I will push for affordable tuition. It will be my goal to hear and voice any current concerns or issues that the student body is experiencing.

I hope to increase the transparency between ASI and the student body in an effort to facilitate a campus inclusive of all students. Together we can fight for students, celebrate diversity and keep Fresno State accountable. I hope you’ll take this journey with me.