Wide receiver KeeSean Johnson (#3) celebrates in the endzone with teammates after scoring a touchdown on Saturday. (Khone Saysamongdy/The Collegian)

Top ‘Dog of the week with KeeSean Johnson

Name: KeeSean Johnson #3

Sport & Position: Football, WR

Year & Major: Sophomore, Undeclared

Hometown: Palo Alto, California

DG: How did it feel to get two touchdowns in the home opener against Sacramento State?

KJ: It felt great. It’s a good start to the year to be able to do that at home in front of the fans. It’s going better than last year.

DG: What’s the difference from this year to last year with your game?

KeeSean Johnson

KeeSean Johnson

KJ: I’m doing much better this year. I’m feeling much better with my play. I like what our coaches are doing. They know how to spread the ball around and get a great game plan together. I’m very comfortable in the system.

DG: What do you do to prepare for the games? 

KJ: Nothing special. I just watch a lot of film and practice. I listen to music before each game to get myself ready.

DG: What’s it like to see Davante Adams play at your high school, here at Fresno State and now in the NFL?

KJ: Davante’s like a cousin to me; he’s a close family friend. I talk to him all the time, and it’s great to see his success and to follow everything he’s been doing.

DG: Why did you come to Fresno State?

KJ: Davante was a big part of it. We were winning a lot when I was recruited, and this was one of the bigger offers I got. Coach (Tim) DeRuyter was great, so I was very happy he offered me a scholarship.

DG: What does it mean to you to be a Bulldog?

KJ: It means a lot. Just to go out there on the field and represent the school and the community is great.