EDITORIAL: Donald Trump is going to get us all killed

EDITOR’S NOTE: The Collegian would like to remind its readers that this story is an editorial — which is an opinion. This is not a news story. There is clarification here.

Trump’s America is the Fourth Reich.

This phenomenon of Trump seeming unstoppable is something that just can’t be true. This guy is a reality TV star — not a president.

We cannot have a president who verbally berates his enemies in public, gives out their cell phone number and calls them a “pussy.”

The hardcore racist and fascist people supporting Trump don’t want to kick out Muslims and undocumented Mexicans — they want to murder them.

These people that normally keep their backward racism under the rock in which they live, are voting to be openly racist. Trump gladly brings the racism and xenophobia out of people — as any good fascist would.

That’s what people don’t see. These people pulling up to the polls in their trucks and wielding a rifle shouting out “‘Murica,” don’t care about the economy — let alone diversity and social justice.

They were likely anti-Muslim before 9/11, and now use it as an excuse to be openly racist in our supposedly sophisticated, modern 21st century.

If we let them elect Trump, there will be lynchings.

1934: German dictator Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) giving the Nazi salute from his car whilst at the Nazi Party Congress. (Photo by Hulton Archive/Getty Images)

Tim McAtee/Photo Illustration

Hardcore liberals are almost as large of a problem.

Liberals are so far to the left of Trump, that they can’t even accept him as a viable candidate for president. And they’re right; he’s not. But he will be, regardless of what they say while they sip their wine and listen to NPR about the plight of some third world country.

Trump represents the rise of a new Hitler and is capable of the same atrocities. It’s like we’re in the 1930s on a runaway train barreling toward World War III.

Trump is good at pointing out the differences in people — he labels without objectivity and places blame. Similar to that of Hitler. When he says that Mexican immigrants are “rapists” he is teaching those that are listening that one facet of our population is inhuman. Sound familiar?

What happens when one group subverts another because of their skin tone? Because of their religious beliefs? Internment camps. Death marches. Genocide.

The reality of this situation is that America has done this before. We committed the mass genocide of Native Americans. While our history books brush it off as “smallpox,” our government went unchecked and murdered people.

Native Americans were feared as “scalpers” the same way that Trump is attempting to incite fear that Mexicans are “rapists.”  

Or what about the Japanese internment camps that are not so far back in our history? We did that out of fear then, too. Our government played into the fear of groups of people and denied rights and life to over 100,000 people, majority of whom were American citizens.

And Japanese internment didn’t end hundreds of years ago — it ended around 70 years ago. People are still living who suffered through our unjust imprisonment.

Just like the majority of Muslims that live in America — they are citizens who face the real fear of internment camps because of fear mongering perpetuated by the possible future president.

With our history as a nation who succumbs to fascism in the face of fear, and a possible president with too many likenings to Hitler, we need to do something.

Trump has no foreign policy skills. He will literally corner off the United States into an extremist zone that causes us to be the focus of militarized attacks from countries who would be facing the wrath of an inhuman leader.

Wait until Trump calls Russian President Vladimir Putin a pussy. Let’s see how long it takes for Putin to prove him wrong with nuclear missiles.  

Get off your lazy asses and do something about it, you hipsters. You’re not doing anything to stop this madness from becoming a reality. Hopefully you’re smart enough to understand the gravity of your mistake on Jan. 20, 2017 when President Trump is sworn into office. We can celebrate the end of the world together.

Heil Trump!

• Rob H.

I remember I worked for the Collegian and also the Campus Police at the same time, one semester. I remember the Campus Police called me in one day, and asked me if I was going to say anything bad about them in the newspaper… I said no, and I meant it. And I never did call out the CP in the Collegian. Not that there was anything to say… the CP were all completely professional when I was there, and I assume they still are. I just had to say this…. who else can I say this to?

• Matt Jacobs

It happens. I worked with the Facilities and Campus Security departments at a different university, and nonsense would show up in the paper from time to time. We would just roll our eyes and move on. They’re students; if they weren’t still in the process of learning things, what would be the point of college. Part of learning is trying to create, and sometimes failing at it.

• LaurelAnn Chase-Dunn

https://youtu.be/NQjQdieeDSA Shame on Fresno State. Drive around your city lately? Need more FREE stuff? Then by all means don’t vote Trump.

You’re the leaches of society that think you’re all entitled to FREE everything. Food, Phones, Car Washes? Dear Lord. What ever happened to quality, values and a sense of doing the right thing and earning your worth for a change. Disgusting to say the very least. WATCH Trump on Hannity live in Las Vegas last night. Get a clue.

• Fed_up

What I find interesting here is that the author compares Trump and what the author thinks he will do to Muslims and Mexicans to Hitler, without ever mentioning Jews, who were the target of the Nazis. I don’t see how the murder of six million Jews by the Nazis can be left out of this attempted comparison, unless it was intentional. But the author does point to American history such as Japanese Internment camps. So is the author saying Roosevelt was a facist? Talk about the dumbing down of America.

• Charles Alan Rotramel

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Opinion as propaganda.

• RedzoneDog

It is not the view of one person – it is the view of the board – which means the entire Collegian is biased. Therefore, no credibility.

• Matt Jacobs

It’s an opinion piece; complaining about bias kind of misses the point.

• Matt Jacobs

You have a point there. In today’s internet, clickbait counts for a lot, and they certainly grabbed attention with this piece.

• Caleb Donley

Sure this article is poorly written but it doesn’t change the fact that Trump run this country into the ground. He gives no step by step political solutions to any of our countries problems, only that he will ” make america great again” and “build a wall at the mexican border like the Vatican.” Oh and “No Muslims.”

• calbeck

This entire mess is hilarious! -XD

• Clan Boggs

If “Tim McAtee” is the author of this exceedingly foolish article, let me just say that his ignorance regarding history and geopolitics is inter-dimensional. Tim of the Scottish/Irish McAtee Clan is attacking Donald of the Scottish MacLeod Clan and associating him with the National Socialist leader and descendant of Babylonian Talmudists [Adolf Hitler], a man whose grandmother was an employee for the Satanic Talmudist Rothschild family and is said to have become pregnant by a Rothschild leading to the birth of Adolf Hitler’s father, Alois Hitler. The Rothschild, Rockefellers, etc. own and control the Federal Reserve Inc., and are financing the North American Union which will combine America with Mexico and Canada, destroying America. Donald Trump is against the Rothschild and Rockefellers’ generational onslaught and agenda and has called for an audit of the FED and an end to the NAU which Ted Cruz’ wife is a co-author of [www.heiditruth.com]. The division, that Mr. McAtee and men like him are unwittingly or intentionally perpetuating, stems from the offspring of ancient destroyers [Talmudists] who from time immemorial have sought to eliminate God’s creation [Man/Woman]. As a Scottish/Irish American whose family has live in the U.S. since the 16th century I support ‘legal’ immigration and love ALL human beings regardless of their skin-tone. Learn the truth being the recent surge of hatred propaganda at http://www.destroyers.us and please share this information with your friends and family.

• You kids made me laugh with this article. It is comedy gold and is helpful to the horde of folks akin to me who are promoting Trump as the next president. Thank you for your effort though it is likely that your assisting Trump was unintentional.

Thanks again!!!!

• calbeck

Amazing parody piece. I was greatly entertained… it’s nice to see the Collegian’s editorial board doesn’t take itself too seriously.

• I happen to be East Indian, yet I agree with Donald Trump on illegal immigration and even somewhat on radical Islamic terrorism — though I think the moratorium should only apply to countries directly tied to terrorism. Regardless, I guess I must be a Nazi as well. Perhaps Nazi Ghandi? HEIL VISHNU, bishes!

• Clan Boggs

The New York Daily News CEO is another Babylonian Talmudist who has attacked Trump. Why? Because Donald Trump has announced that he will audit the Rothschild, Rockefeller controlled Federal Reserve Bank, Inc. and second because Trump has vowed to show the American public the 28 pages from the 9/11 report that the Bush Family redacted. These 28 pages show how the Bush Family and the Saudi’s were complicit in the planning and execution of the 9/11. For those uninformed American’s who believe the Saudi’s are “Arab Muslims” think again. Saudi Arab elites are what is known as “Donmeh” which are Muslims on the outside and Babylonian Talmudists spiritually. The Rockefeller’s financed the Saudi’s Wahhabist movement in order to bring about a clash of civilizations. To learn how toxic Babylonian Talmudism is for any nation visit http://www.destroyers.us

• markmesposito

Did you publish this on the yellow newsprint, Mr. Kane?

• chiwawa

Gotta love the people who actually believe that they are the only smart people, and that anyone who votes for a different candidate than they would like Trump, have got to be the most idiotic people on earth.

• The Oppo Man

This is just epic philosophical writing. I’m sure you’ll win the American Philosophical award for accuracy. Comparing a RIGHT WING Capitalist to a radical LEFT WING socialist who detested capitalists. YOU’LL DO WELL IN COLLEGE. Don’t worry SJW’s you’re not going into concentration camps. Perhaps take a course in History at your college and actually learn who Hitler really was. Also take a course in Logic and take a day to understand the fallacy of Hasty Generalization’s. I’ll take building a company worth $10 billion over a community organizer that will be worth $50 million in 10 years after his Presidency for books and speeches AND STILL HAS THE LEFT ENVIOUS AFTER 7 YEARS. YOU WERE SOLD THAT BILL OF GOODS. Get a degree and get a job because your days of accuracy in journalism are numbered.

• The Oppo Man

And let me add this, If you wrote this article in Nazi Germany, you would be in Auschwitz by morning. Donald Trump, as Obama is finding out, must adhere to the strict meaning of the constitution, ie. Freedom of speech, so pick a copy up free of charge on the internet. And learn a bit about politics for Christ sakes, he has to win the RW nomination. He will move center very quick if he wins. They don’t teach you that in college, believe me. He’s got you scared doesn’t he?

• Robert Kalomiris

In a way I get it, This is an attention grab to get students talking about politics. But it’s done in such a sensationalist and lazy way that it becomes part of the tension that inhibits serious political discussion instead of starting one of its own. I would expect this from an internet forum post, not the front page of a college newspaper.

• KatrinaAnon

Trump isn’t a socialist. I doubt anyone would think Trump ever has been a socialist.

However, Hitler was a socialist.

• Carolyn Marie Winnett

I am not a fan of the opinion. However, people are talking. Views and likes are multiplying. Seems as though that was their goal; they have done something right.

• Chuckmo

Actually, my biggest complaint with this piece is how poor the writing is. Looks like someone needs to revisit some basic high school grammar.

• slugsucker

The intent was there, but the production and quality of this piece were shoddy and sophomoric at best. Here is a much better critique offered by Matt Walsh and published on The Blaze yesterday. I’ve copied the text for those too lazy to click on the link, but I have also included the link at the bottom.

Dear Donald Trump Fan,

I’m going to tell you the truth, friend.

You say you want the truth. You say you want someone who
    speaks boldly and brashly and bluntly and “tells it like it is” and so on.
    According to exit polls in South Carolina, voters who want a president who
    “tells it like it is” are an essential demographic for Trump, just as they’re
    an essential demographic for Judge Judy and Dr. Phil. You say you want abrupt
    and matter-of-fact honesty, and you want it so much, you’ll make a man
    president for it regardless of whether he defies every principle and value you
    claim to hold.

Personally, I think you’re lying, and I’m going to test my
    theory. In fact, I believe I’ve already proven my theory because you’re now
    offended that I called you a liar. But Trump has called half of the Earth’s
    population a liar at some point over the past seven months, and you loved every
    second of it. You said you loved it not out of cruelty or spite, but out of
    admiration for a man who’s willing to call people liars — even if he’s lying
    when he does it.

Yet here I am employing the same tactic — accurately, I
    might add — and you recoil indignantly. Over the course of this campaign season
    I’ve said many harsh words about you and your leader, all of which I stand by,
    but you’ve never respected my harsh words, or the harsh words of any Trump
    critic. Indeed, you insist that our tough criticism of you only vindicates your
    support of Trump, while Trump’s vulgar and dishonest criticism of everyone else
    also vindicates your support of Trump. You’re tired of people being critical,
    but you love Trump because he’s critical. You say you like Trump for his style,
    but you hate his style when it’s directed at him or you.

You say you like
    Trump for his style, but you hate his style when it’s directed at him or you. You
    say you want someone who’s politically incorrect. You’re so desperate for
    political incorrectness — a supremely ridiculous reason to vote a guy into the
    Oval Office, but never mind — that your esteem for him only grows when he
    belittles the disabled, mocks American prisoners of war, calls women dogs,
    calls his opponents p*ssies, calls for the assassination of women and children,
    says he’d like to have sex with his daughter, brags about his adultery, etc.

You’re excited by the most vile statements and most
    cretinous behavior imaginable — not remotely deterred by any of it, no matter
    how many times he gloats over infidelity, curses his opponents, and publicly
    ogles his own children — because, you say, it’s politically incorrect. That is
    how unfathomably desperate you are for someone to come along and just say
    what’s on their mind, you claim. You’re so fed up with political correctness
    that you celebrate political incorrectness without distinguishing between the
    healthy sort and the “LOL I slept with married women and I’m not sorry” sort.
    It doesn’t matter if you don’t personally agree, you say, you just respect the
    hell out of someone who’s willing to shoot straight, even when ”shooting
    straight” means comparing Ben Carson to a child molester, calling the entire
    electorate of Iowa stupid, and referring to women as “pieces of ass.”

Trump won South Carolina on the support of Evangelical
    Christians who were so impressed with his alleged straight talk that they
    overlooked the fact that he’s a crass, cruel, unrepentant philanderer who says
    he does not need God’s forgiveness, and who praises Planned Parenthood as
    “wonderful” and his radically pro-abortion sister as a “phenomenal” candidate
    for the Supreme Court. That’s how much you pretend to admire bluntness in a
    man. So much that it overrides literally everything else.

By your logic, then, you should be filled with an immense
    and irresistible affection for me when I call Donald Trump a crooked,
    underhanded con artist and you a reckless, ignorant dupe. You should fall madly
    in love with me when I accuse Donald Trump of being a spoiled, overgrown brat
    and you of being a cultish groupie enamored with fame. You should well up with
    pride and salute me as I mention that Donald Trump is a stuffed, soiled diaper
    sagging in the pants of American politics and you’re the poor, pitiful sap
    trying to elect it president. You don’t have to agree, but man, isn’t it
    refreshing that I’m willing to tell you what’s on my mind? Shouldn’t you leave
    a thousand comments under this article praising me for being politically
    incorrect, willing to attack not only Donald Trump but his blue collar
    supporters? In fact, if you’re sincere in your alleged regard for the bold and
    audacious approach, I expect you’ll have launched a nationwide write-in
    campaign for me by tomorrow morning.

But that’s not how this works, is it? You’ve already melted
    into a boiling puddle of rage and self-pity, haven’t you? You’re incensed and
    offended that I could be so “judgmental” and “dismissive” and “critical,” and
    100 other qualities you find so orgasmically satisfying when they’re displayed
    by The Great Trump. You say you want some straight-shooting, honest,
    politically incorrect tough talk, but that’s simply a lie. If it were true, my
    inbox would not be filled to capacity with cartoonishly shocked and outraged
    Trump fans every time I utter a word of criticism in his direction. It
    shouldn’t matter that my criticisms are sharp and severe; you ought to revere
    me all the more for it. I thought you were tired of people walking on egg shells?

It turns out you don’t want Donald Trump to walk on egg
    shells, but you have fortified your own perimeter with a thick layer of egg
    shells and you expect anyone who comes near it to tip toe with extreme caution.
    It turns out you want to be coddled and cuddled and pandered to and excused.
    You’re in favor of whatever Trump says because Trump said it, but when it comes
    to how people talk about you and him, you expect to be treated like a soft and
    delicate flower.

You flock eagerly to a flamboyant, authoritarian billionaire
    fascist, and you feel you ought to be completely insulated from criticism while
    you do so. Everyone else ought to be subject to relentless and profane
    invective from an elderly Manhattan real estate heir, but you and he should be
    above reproach.

Tell it like it is? I’ll tell you like it is: In my life
    I’ve never encountered a group of people more averse to being told how it is.
    Of course, you believe you’re entitled to this attitude because you’re “angry.”
    Your “anger” indulges you with the moral authority to take leave of your reason
    and your common sense. Your anger, you believe, places you beyond judgment,
    even as you attempt to drag this country into a future of (more) tyranny and
    cultism. You believe the rest of us ought to take your supposedly righteous
    rage into account while you refuse to take anything but your own infatuation
    with spectacle and celebrity into account. Whatever concerns we raise,
    including the ones I’m raising now, can be written off in an instant. “WE’RE
    TIRED OF POLITICS AS USUAL! WE’RE ANGRY!” And that’s supposed to be some kind
    of rhetorical hall pass, permitting you to do and say what you please
    unchallenged.

Well let me be the first and perhaps the only to say this
    out loud, although millions of people share this sentiment quietly: I don’t
    care about your anger. There’s some more truth for you, friend. There’s some
    more “tellin’ it like it is.” Two can play at this game, you know. And the only
    difference is that I’m right.

I couldn’t take your anger seriously even if I wanted to.
    After all, you say you’re angry that people are too afraid to speak their
    minds, but, as we’ve established, you don’t really want anyone but Donald Trump
    to speak his mind.

You say you’re angry about the corruption in Washington, but
    you support a slimy swindler and fraudster who boasts of his bribery schemes
    and makes no apologies for shamelessly exploiting political corruption for
    personal gain.

You say you’re angry about illegal immigration, but you
    rally around a guy who supported amnesty as recently as 2013, employed illegal
    immigrants, and donated millions of dollars to open borders politicians like
    Rep. Nancy Pelosi, Sen. Chuck Schumer, and Hillary Clinton.

You say you’re angry about the establishment, but you
    worship a candidate who said only a few weeks ago that “you got to be a little
    establishment” in order to get things done, and who admits he “was the
    establishment” right until he ran for president.

You say you’re angry that Republicans won’t fight, but you
    hail as a warrior the same guy who says he’ll happily “work with the
    Democrats,” which probably explains why Sen. Harry Reid praised him and Jimmy
    Carter called him “malleable.” It is not uncommon for me to hear from Trump
    fans that they’re angry at “GOPe” Republicans for “cutting deals” and
    “compromising” in one breath, and in the very next that they want Trump because
    he’s really good at cutting deals and compromising.

Right down the list, you are blithely embracing every single
    thing you say you’re so angry about. Trump is the very embodiment of
    corruption, deception, cowardice, and elitism. He is precisely the sort of man
    you supposedly detest. Trump is exploiting America’s frustration with men like
    Trump. Trump is running against Trump. You are voting for Trump because you
    hate Trump. You are angry at politicians because they act like Trump and make
    deals like Trump and go to cocktail parties with men like Trump and look down
    on the little guy like Trump and possess the integrity of Trump, and so you’re
    solution is to elect Trump. Your anger at Trump leads you to Trump. Perhaps
    this explains why you’re so worried about politicians who are “controlled by
    donors,” but you aren’t at all concerned about a politicians who is the very
    donor you didn’t want controlling the political process. “I’m sick of these
    donors influencing the government! I have an idea: let’s make one president!”

Trump is the very
    embodiment of corruption, deception, cowardice, and elitism. It seems more like
    schizophrenia than anger. Aside from chronic mental illness, there are only two
    explanations for a person who avidly supports the continuation of a thing
    because he’s angry at that thing: either he’s fantastically stupid, or he’s not
    actually angry at all.

Friend, I should tell you the most popular theory among
    non-Trump supporters is that you fall into the former category. When we talk to
    each other in private, almost everyone agrees you’re stupid. Again, you should,
    by your own words, hold me in the highest esteem for telling you this
    uncomfortable fact. People think you’re stupid, just as they thought about
    Barack Obama supporters in 2008.

The parallels between the two groups are indeed profound, as
    exit polls attest. Once again, people are voting because “they want change,”
    unconcerned by the fact that the change is ambiguous, non-specific, and, in
    fact, not really ”change” at all. A lot of people, grasping for an explanation
    as to how voters might be suckered by the same shtick three times in a row,
    just chalk it up to stupidity.

By the way, you should doubly love what I’m doing here
    because it appears very close to apophasis, which is a rhetorical device where
    the speaker coyly makes an accusation or insult in the context of denying or
    distancing himself from the unkind remark. “Many people believe my neighbor Jim
    is a thieving jerk who borrowed my garden hose last July and didn’t return it,
    but I’m not going to talk about it.” That kind of thing.

It’s a strategy Trump employs all the time, and you always
    go along with it, like when he called Megyn Kelly a bimbo by saying “I refuse
    to call Megyn Kelly a bimbo because that would be politically incorrect.” Like
    clockwork, you insisted that he didn’t call Megyn Kelly a bimbo; he merely
    brought up the fact that he would call her a bimbo if it weren’t so rude to do
    so.

Well, in similar fashion, I’m not calling you stupid, I’m
    just saying that other people call you stupid. You should therefore defend me
    against any accusation that I’ve called you stupid, just as you would Trump.
    But the difference is that I’m not being coy here. I really don’t think you’re
    stupid. I certainly don’t think I’m any smarter than you. I subscribe to the
    second theory: I don’t believe you’re really all that angry.

Your anger, to whatever extent it exists at all, is surface
    level. It’s a purely emotional experience, fed by a mob mentality. You’re angry
    in the way a rioter or looter is angry. Your temper might be flaring and your
    heart rate jumping and you might be filled with the uncontrollable urge to
    break a window, but underneath that anger is really something much closer to
    boredom and apathy. You don’t feel a real, intense, profound, deep and
    meaningful disgust at the corruption and malfeasance in Washington, because if
    you did there is simply no way you would support a man like Trump.

Unless, like I said, you’re stupid. But you aren’t stupid,
    and a non-stupid person, a serious person, who truly, deeply, intensely loathes
    the current state of affairs, who genuinely desires that his country be revived
    for the sake of his children, would not be turning to a blustery, boorish
    reality TV character with a catchphrase and a fake tan for answers.

I’m just telling it like it is here, friend. I’m telling you
    what’s on my mind. I’m being completely and painfully honest with you. I don’t
    believe your anger. I think you want a
    spectacle, not a solution. A celebrity, not a statesman. A circus performer,
    not a leader. I think you want to be entertained. I think you’re not taking
    this seriously enough. I think you’re intellectually lazy so you’ve accepted
    authoritarianism as a stand-in for strength. I think you’re following the trend
    of the day. I think you’re wrapped up in media hype.

In other words, I think your anger, if it exists, is
    misplaced. You should be angry at yourself, because if this country falls
    finally and irrevocably into despotism, it’ll be your fault. You’ll have chosen
    it. You’ll have elected it and applauded it. That, my friend, is what makes me
    angry.

And that’s just how it is.

Matt Walsh

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/dear-trump-fan-so-you-want-someone-to-tell-it-like-it-is-ok-here-you-go/

• SgtWD

This is a prime example of one persons opinion which holds no merit. However that is the beauty of America. Everyone is allowed their own opinion.

Wouldn’t it have been nice if the writer had research and statistics to back up that opinion? The writer said “The hardcore racist and fascist people supporting Trump don’t want to kick out Muslims and undocumented Mexicans — they want to murder them.”

Let’s limit our response to just this one sentence. They want to murder them. Think about the people, your fellow American Citizens, the writer is referring to. If they truly are the hardcore it could be surmised they are well armed. Heck they are probably some of those militia types and they call have lots of guns and beer.
    Now ask yourself how many news stories have you heard about muslims and Mexicans getting killed? The answer is ZERO. Why is that? Because the writer has no basis for his opinion. I’m sure he has feelings about his opinion but feelings do not equate to having a basis for an opinion.

All in all I will say that the writers opinion piece has certainly stirred up a few peoples emotions. Of course it would have been better if the writer were able stir up legitimate thought provoking ideas but that was not the case.

This opinion piece reminds me of a meme about gun control. If those with guns were as really bad and violent as liberals made them out to be, do you really think there would be any liberals around to tell their stories?

• SmackSitDown

Public deceit, Photoshop, Presidents riding animals, MNhawk trying to ride Matt!
    We’re missing Jeb Bush….. Has anyone seen Jeb? Matt, can you page Jeb please?
    Sound like 911 – All the integral parts required for a conspiracy (is it still a theory)
    Geez Hawk, Ease up! – Matt did a good job expressing his opinion.
    Matt, the picture kinda gave your story a wedgie.

Jerry Duncan – “Educational system failure” Alert, Alert!! Gee thanks Jerry. Must of made you so happy to point out the obvious, then blame it on Matt. Let me tell you about Matt. He had the balls to put his opinion out there, whereas your own was a cheap shot, and inserting a historically renowned phrase, not even of your conception. Shame Jerry,

Rory (where’s the rest of your name?). “Dis is da gwatest newpapur in da Tate”

Tsingtao – quit hanging out with Rory!

Felicia……..ill see you later

Person223. Have you been to war? I have, and seen the worst things happen to the nicest people. You like to claim a military heritage? Good – be proud and remind everyone that freedom was anything but. Great men fought and died, for this country yes, but more so for the man next to him. Tell all these guys to stop bullying, respect your country and yourself.
    Be strong 223.

• TheBestPosterEver

Fresno is where you end up when you take the wrong exit off of the Freeway. Nobody purposely GOES to Fresno outside of scoring Meth or Heroin. I think about 5% of the population were kidnapped by Mexican drug dealers or Bookies, and maybe escaped or were let go with a warning.

If anyone ever tells you “I’m moving to Fresno”, what they’re saying is ,” My life is over, my Crank and alcohol addiction is too expensive, I’m going to buy a trailer and eat Top Ramen and puke all day”.

Or they found a job as a hair stylist, or a gas station attendant, or a parking attendant.

• slugsucker

TBPE, thank you for repeatedly demonstrating that you indeed got your masters in trolling and graduated at the top of your class.

• RedzoneDog

Trump wins again in Nevada! He won 41% of the Hispanic vote. Not bad for a racist. He has just about won the nomination.

TRUMP for President 2016!!!!!

• Kirk Kaiser

I support the editorial process. Opinions are important and make you think. This is not editorial. This is a meme. It has no place on the front page of a paper.

• P Truong

I happen to agree with your characterization of this demagogue and hatemonger but even if I did not, I would still support your right to air your opinion. If you are not offending some people some of the time, you are simply not doing your job. Journalism is not the same as writing for Reader’s Digest.

• ggm281

“That’s what people don’t see. These people pulling up to the polls in their trucks and wielding a rifle shouting out “‘Murica,” don’t care about the economy — let alone diversity and social justice.”

Really?? This is journalism?. Could perhaps you actually send a reporter to the polling places and perhaps take some video of this occurring? Nevada is just a 1 hour flight away. Surely you could have provided some documentation rather than your fevered drunken dream from last night.
    I’m certainly not a Trump supporter. In fact, I cannot find a single candidate on either side that I don’t actively dislike. But really, if you are training to become journalists (believe it or not, no one is going to pay you for your opinion writing until you gain some actual experience), perhaps you should invest more of your time in practicing your art. This is just drivel.

• Matt Jacobs

“perhaps you should invest more of your time in practicing your art”
      Yeah, like… um… writing articles and editorials for… um… a school paper or something. Yeah! Do that!

• ggm281

This is creative writing (even campaign speech writing), not journalism. If this is the caliber of teaching going on in university humanities programs, no wonder there is so much noise about the student loan debt. Hyperbole is NOT a journalist’s tool.

• Matt Jacobs

Editorials, including inflammatory opinions, are part of journalism, even when the opinion is one you disagree with. Learning how to express a viewpoint is part of journalism, and an element that all students should learn, for that matter.

Another piece is learning to express disagreement by actually addressing their statements, instead of attacking the person or institution. So, it really doesn’t seem that you have a good basis for attacking their education, since you aren’t doing any better.

• ggm281

I sincerely hope you do not teach journalism. Teaching students that hyperbole is a reasonable way to express a viewpoint is absurd. Teaching them to posit made up scenarios of what a primary site they didn’t witness is teaching them to be dishonest at the outset. If you think that is a high journalistic ideal, you are certainly in the mainstream of current thought. And that is why the press enjoys a “trustworthy” rating quite similar to that of the US Congress. Certainly nothing to be proud of!

• Matt Jacobs

I always find it entertaining when a person decides to question another person’s irrelevant and unstated credentials, as if their own irrelevant and unstated credentials place them above the other.

You could try responding to the comment I actually made, instead of ranting about viewpoints I did not express. As before, I’m not seeing you doing any better than they did, so you should consider stepping down from your high horse.

• ggm281

You are preparing them for lovely jobs as contract workers writing articles for company newsletters.

• Matt Jacobs

You apparently have terrible reading comprehension, in addition to your poor rhetorical skills.

Since you’ve decided for yourself that I’m bad at the job you’ve decided I must have, what fictional credentials do you have that make you an expert in journalism?

• Darrell

So you would rather have a Commander -in-Chief that lied to the American people, fabricated a story to sell and agenda, and indirectly caused the death of a US Ambassador? How about a COMMUNIST that wants to raise the corporate tax rate to 90% to pay for all the freeloaders in the country? The same one that will shutter and ban YOUR newspaper in favor of state controlled media. The same one that will take your job prospects from you because the new corporation will not be able to afford taxes and expanded health care, and still tow the “party line” when publishing its state sponsored stories.
    Love the alternatives. at least with Trump, I might have a job, a defended nation, and not have to force my teenagers to compete with 150,000 illegal aliens being welcomed to the country EACH MONTH!

• denisicle

Dear Editors: THANK YOU!! I’m a 63-year-old woman who has watched Trump’s political ascendance during the past year, and the thought kept crossing my mind regarding how Hitler rose to power. You aren’t the only ones posing these opinions, as Danielle Allen, a Harvard University political theorist and columnist with the Washington Post, spoke of the same on February 21, 2015 in an op-ed piece entitled “The moment of truth: We must stop Trump.”

I am sure that there are many neighbors in the Fresno area that vehemently disagree with your point of view (I’m a SF Bay Area native). So what? You keep on shining lights on problems so that the roaches that are the problem cannot hide. Your generation, and my generation at your age (i.e., early 70s) are a lot alike, and we stand with you. I am sorry your generation has inherited so much garbage (to put it politely) to deal with . . . it wasn’t supposed to be that way, but it seems that greed has overpowered good, at least as far as gaining the microphone goes. Shout often, and shout loud (but be sure when you shout that you are correct).

Peace

Reject hatred and division — Vote Democratic (across the board) for a better country

• RedzoneDog

“but be sure when you shout that you are correct” – and the author certainly failed on that point.

• GetRhonda

This….from the same idiots who elected Obama. They’ll never wise up.

Vote for Donald Trump!

• RedzoneDog

Many of the posts here elude to the fact that at least the topic is being discussed. However, whenever conservatives try to discuss the topic, they are labeled racists. How can we discuss something when we are being called racists? Also, there is a tendency on college campuses to refuse speech from conservatives. Here is an example; please read the following. Wiliiam Covino – our former provost and VP refuses to allow conservative speaker his scheduled time to speak.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/university-president-shuts-down-conservative-journalists-speech-citing-free-exchange-of-ideas/

• Matt Jacobs

“However, whenever conservatives try to discuss the topic, they are labeled racists.”
      Please give a specific example. I see way more complaining about supposedly being called racist than actual accusations of racism.

Keep in mind that there’s a big difference in reaction based on how you go about the discussion. As with one guy (@thebestposterever:disqus) below, who decided “your grandkids will all be Hispanic” is an insult, saying racist things like that tends get one labelled a racist.

• RedzoneDog

There are some who don’t jump right away to the racist support line. However, it is quite insulting for me to be labeled a racist because I am of the opinion that for instance, robbing a store and reaching into a patrol car to assault a police officer is not a good way to show your innocence. In the end it was proven that the officer was justified in the shooting. But meanwhile, if your opinion was that the officer was justified, you were immediately a racist. Hands up don’t shoot is being perpetuated even though it was false. That’s what society is now.

• Matt Jacobs

You’re blowing past a lot of information that’s extremely relevant here.

For one, has it ever occurred to you why many in the black community automatically took the side of the dead teen? If you jumped straight to assuming the worst of those people, then you just might sound a bit racist (bear me out here) to some. Here’s why: have you read the rest of that report, in summary or whole? It very easily explains why there was so much distrust of the Ferguson PD, and it should cause any person, conservative or liberal, outrage. http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2015/03/15/many-conservatives-blowing-it-ferguson-doj-report/

Now, is that necessarily racist? No. There are a lot of basic prejudices or biases that can cause a person to miss something like that. However, if someone is emotionally invested (particularly if that person is part of the black community), it won’t be hard for them to jump straight past that to assuming racism. That doesn’t make it right, but it is understandable, if you’ve ever known someone who has been subjected to something like that (and yes, I have).

“Hands up don’t shoot is being perpetuated even though it was false. That’s what society is now.”
          As before, “hands up don’t shoot” has less to do with Ferguson, in particular, and is a sentiment that has grown far beyond its original context. These days, it’s a call for greater accountability for police, and to address systematic problems with the way blacks, particularly black men, are treated.

It’s not like false narratives are unique to one section of the political spectrum, either.

• RedzoneDog

As a society, of course we need to be fair. On the way to that goal, we still need to keep order. Your viewpoint is easily taken due to the fact that you point out, as you say, the relevant points of the issue. There’s really not much that we disagree on. You think minorities should be treated fairly- so do I. This comes down to how do we accomplish it without stepping on one to elevate the other. But, no one should assume that another doesn’t care. All lives matter – not just black lives. We need to be able to say that without fear of retaliation. We can’t be afraid to say Islamist terrorism. Does that sound reasonable to you? Just as we need to say that our border must be protected so that we know who is here. Also, we need to be able to identify voters before they vote. I will end this discussion by saying – may the force be with you!

• Matt Jacobs

“All lives matter – not just black lives.”
            I really recommend against using that phrase. There’s a simple reason: “Black Lives Matter” is an attempt to address a specific problem. Responding with “All Lives Matter” is dismissive of the specific concerns that group has, so yeah, it’s sometimes greeted with anger, for good reason. http://www.alternet.org/media/5-minutes-larry-wilmore-explains-why-saying-alllivesmatter-offensive

“We need to be able to say that without fear of retaliation.”
            You can say it without fear of retaliation, but if you use any phrase, including that one to dismiss the specific concerns of a protest movement, you shouldn’t be surprised at a harsh response.

“We can’t be afraid to say Islamist terrorism.”
            People can say that phrase if they want, but they shouldn’t feel required to say it, either. It’s not like adding adjectives makes much of a difference.

“Just as we need to say that our border must be protected so that we know who is here.”
            We have a very militarized border already. At this point, spending more money on bigger, longer walls and more troops is significantly diminishing returns, spending lots more money for ever smaller effect. We can get far greater returns by reforming the immigration policies that encourage the situation, thus dis-incentivizing the illegal crossings, and removing much of the support structure that makes them common.

“We need to be able to identify voters before they vote.”
            Perhaps, but voter ID laws don’t address voter fraud in any of its known forms. If voter fraud is really your concern, then mail-in votes should be your concern, as the vast majority of known fraud occurs through those.

• Common sense

i’m sure you are referring to the dismissive phrases used against the tea party protest movement . i’m sure. Btw re your other post. Many liberals do tend to call, the tea party falsely racist

• Matt Jacobs

Why would I necessarily need to refer to Tea Party protesters? It pretty much happens to all protesters. http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-ways-powerful-people-trick-you-into-hating-underdogs/

That said, the Tea Party movement undermined itself in a number of ways, which is also not unusual among protest movements. There has been a lack of consistency, and they continually fail to take opportunities to make use of other protest movements with similar goals.

The Tea Party’s racism problem had a lot to do with its vague and conflicting stated goals, which made the accusation difficult to counter. The obsession with hating Obama personally, again without a clear basis in actual policy, didn’t help either. That doesn’t make it fair, but it is what gave opponents the opening.

• Common sense

From my viewpoint, I always thought the tea party had clear goals on policy . They are the same, as ronald reagan’s goals. A stop to the excessive spending, bankrupting the country .

• Matt Jacobs

Thing is, deficits under Reagan were massive, and he raised tax rates again when he realized revenues were way too low. If budgets were the main concern, the best Republican president for fiscal responsibility was Eisenhower, not Reagan.

“Reagan proved that deficits don’t matter.” – Dick Cheney

• Common sense

name me some conservative false narratives

• Matt Jacobs

I’ll give you two big ones:

“Conservatives are fiscally responsible”
            Not remotely the case based on the last half-century or so of history. Republicans, and conservatives in general, expect Democrats to make cuts, but, when they are in office, “Deficits don’t matter”. The last truly fiscally responsible Republican president was Eisenhower. If you want fiscal responsibility, you have to look to Democrats like Jerry Brown.

“Tax cuts stimulate the economy”
            Historical studies have proven that there is no correlation between tax rates and economic prosperity. http://www.businessinsider.com/study-tax-cuts-dont-lead-to-growth-2012-9

• Common sense

You can’t count the 1950 to 1986 period in terms of Gross rates. Because even though the rates we higher than today for high earners. They were really lower because there were many many more deductions. I do give you kudos that you actually come back with a substantial somewhat logical arguments. That is superior to most on the left side who posts in comment sections

• Matt Jacobs

Sure, deductions can make it difficult to figure out exactly what was paid, but it seems pretty clear that taxes were higher, particularly at the top ends of the spectrum, yet it did not have the effect on the economy that is predicted by the popular conservative line.

Honestly, my opinion on the matter is that we should have higher taxes on individual wealth at the top ends of the spectrum, lower corporate taxes with fewer loopholes, and remove or eliminate the capital gains tax benefits. I believe that tax structure would encourage business owners to reinvest more of their money in their businesses, to the benefit of the economy, rather than pay large salaries and bonuses towards individual wealth.

That said, I don’t consider myself “on the left”. I personally consider myself a moderate, leaning a little left on some issues, and right on others. I used to be Republican, but I got fed up with the ideological purity and lack of any sort of realistic fiscal conservatism. I’m currently independent.

• Common sense

Hilary clinton accused most or all republicans of racism. Witout citing any specific examples just a few weeks ago. liberals do it every single election cycle to the party of lincoln

• Matt Jacobs

I’ve seen where she accused Trump, and indicated some elements of racism behind refusing to allow Obama to nominate a SCOTUS judge, but that’s not “most or all republicans”.

• Common sense

during multiple times of the 2008 primary campaign vs mr obama., there is audio and video with clinton saying republicans (in general seek to bring back jim crow laws and suppress minority and disabled people from voting). similar comments from vp biden

• preston simms

it was poorly written but csu writing standards are very poor

• Lisa Hollis

Who wrote this ignorant ostracized garbage? They’re wacko.

• karen kellock

What a ridiculous article.

• Sherri

Trash! Complete Trash! Delete this shit!!

• Rachel Gunther

I hope your parents can get a refund on your liberal education because judging from this post, you are clueless on history, critical thinking skills, and common sense. Tolerance of other points of view is obviously a skill you never learned either. Enjoy your myopic world now because common sense conservatism is back, just in time to save your patootie from the death spiral of Political Correctness.

• WEST M.Ed.

Is this the smut that Fresno wants to be known as when it comes to the Republican Front Runner?! No one Democrats have a Super Majority! in CA we should ALL BAND TOGETHER to unite and find common ground (esp since the race will be decided way before CA). Register new Republicans- grow the party- Be supportive of the new voters the Populist Movement is bringing to our party!

• Matt Jacobs

No way. The Republicans lost me over a decade ago, when they made it clear that ideological purity was more important than things like actual ideas to improve the country and genuine fiscal conservatism.

• Common sense

I’m not happy, with the republicans, not doing something about the deficit, when they had congress and the presidency, too.
        That’s why the establishment hates ted cruz

He is serious about reducing the deficit ! he wont play washington d.c games.

That said, since we have the electoral system, that makes it almost impossible for 3rd, 4th or 5th parties. If we lose the primary, compromise would be necessary

• RedzoneDog

Can you imagine if Trump decides he wants to fight back? He can say that Fresno State is the last university you would ever want to attend. He would win the publicity fight and we would look stupid as usual. In the game of politics, the article was not well thought out in terms of reputation. (Though Fresno State is actually a very nice place to be.)

• Edward Vance

An “evil dictator” once said that if the Jews aren’t complaining about you everyday, then you’re not doing your job.

• Rebel Kolton

LMAO! This was hilarious. Trump has the anti white libtards shitting themselves. GO TRUMP!

• White

Anti-white Propaganda

• RedzoneDog

Conservative Writer Ben Shapiro Banned from CSULA

I challenge the Collegian to step up and invite Ben Shapiro to speak at Fresno State. Let’s show how diverse and inclusive we are. Show William Covino that we can do better than that. Please post when you have scheduled that event.

• Matt Jacobs

Shapiro wasn’t banned; he was just rescheduled as a (foolish, admittedly) knee-jerk reaction to protesters.

• Erik Kolvenson

Dumb homosexual liberal idiots! The colleges are full of these liberal shitheads! There must be a law against such people working and studying in the american universities.

• The Proletariat Barista

The sleeping giant is finally opening his eyes! After decades of non stop rape and slaughter at the hands of the Jews and their black and brown foot soldiers, the White man is finally reclaiming his nations and his women and children!

• Matt Jacobs

Hm, did someone post this article to Stormfront? The racist dimwits are coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden.

• Common sense

real conservatives and republicans condemn all racist comments on this page. each individual can decide which ones those are

• Joseph Peacock

Why has the Fresno State Collegian suddenly become a gossip tabloid for the far left? The recent headlines have been unprofessional and offensive. Comparing Presidential candidate Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler on the front page is outrageous and improper. By the way, editorials should be in the back of the paper and limited the two to three paragraphs and should include at least one opposing view. Your recent rants and antics in the Collegian make CNN look conservative by comparison.
    With that out of the way, you should think of reporting the news and not try to slant your left of socialist agenda in every article and as an “editor” focus on grammar, fact and spell checking in your paper.
    The February 17th head line covering the death of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia was unprofessional and tasteless. Your previous headline on the possible teachers union strike the word faculty was spelled facuty and in your front page “editorial” attack on Mr. Trump you spelled xenophobia with a Z.
    The abuse of your position of editor is appalling and you have set your self, the Collegian and Fresno State up for law suits on the grounds of slander and defamation of character. Your left of socialist views and actions do not represent the views of all Fresno State students, administration and professors. Do you have any specific professors you would like to credit for helping shape your worldview? Please do tell.
    You have disgraced yourself as a journalist and have embarrassed Fresno State and the Collegian. Resignation is an honorable option.
    Joseph Peacock…. Political Science Major FSU…… Go Dogs!

• Ronald Reagan 22

This was fantastic. I’ve been doing research on how the 2 are alike and it is shocking how hitler as come back a comb over blonde but so true. Great job with a little more research there will be a video showing hitler and don giving the same speeches, fantastic thank you

• Sandy
  • Beth

I’ve been saying this all along. The man is a terrorist. Plain and simple he should be marked as a traitor to his country and banished.

• TimmyH

But nobody’s listening to you overreact. Remember when people had to DO something before you could claim they were terrorists and traitors and banish them? But I guess you junior Nostradamuses all know what’s going to happen.

• Beth

It’s called human history, he has the same damned thoughts as hitler, he breeds racism, hate and dissent. He tries to make us fear and hate our neighbors. If he gets elected, so many people are going to DIE. I, for one, don’t want to be one of them.

• TimmyH

See, I don’t know what Trump said to make you think that, besides close the borders temporarily so that we can get a handle on all this Jihad, stop destructive trade pacts, and that some migrants are criminals, which is reflected every day in the news. But you seem to have some psychic insight I’m missing. Please provide the evidence that suggests any of your assertions. I would suggest that you are parroting the talking points of the establishment that is trying to suck this country under into globalism and drain it dry, and that Trump is the one nationalist who wants to stop it. Obama is dangerously close to sucking us into war with China and Russia, while Trump has good relations with Putin. So perhaps you should look at the people currently holding power first.

• MikeR

I would seem this ignoramus ‘ insanely twisted viewpoint of Trump is akin to a really bad acid trip. Propagandist spin to the most ridiculous extreme and he probably thinks himself so perfectly correct and probably has secret Hitler envy. Very sad to see. Probably is projecting the views of his leftist professors.

• CowboyUp

My haven’t the last 5 months been revealing. The only people reminding us of nazis are the violent democrat rioters, over a New York liberal, at that.