Cooler temperatures soon to arrive
The streak of temperature highs in the 80s is expected to end next week, as shorter days continue to lead to cooler fall weather.
The temperature for Monday is expected to peak at 75, followed by another dip to 69 on Tuesday and 71 on Wednesday and Thursday, said Jim Dudley, meteorologist for the National Weather Service in Hanford.
For 12 consecutive days Fresno had a high temperature in the 80s. The streak is expected to continue through Sunday.
The average high for the month of October is 76 degrees, about six degrees cooler than Fresno’s recent weather, Dudley said.
This month’s weather pattern is a result of high pressure with sinking air off the West Coast. When the air sinks toward the surface, “it has a tendency to be warm,” Dudley said.
“So you’re kind of stuck under this warm dome of air. That pattern has been very, very steady for quite a long time this month,” Dudley said. “That’s why we’ve had that same kind of weather pattern with very little change.”
October has seen steadier weather this year compared to last year, when temperatures peaked above 100 degrees before fluctuating between the 80s and the 60s due to storm systems, Dudley said.
The cooler weather forecast next week is expected to be the new norm.
“It looks like, right now, we’re going to stay in the 70s next week. The long run of the 80s looks like its over,” Dudley said.
“I wouldn’t say we’re not going to have any more 80s this year, but this particular long batch of 80s is definitely coming to an end as the pattern starts to change a little bit.”
Big House near FSU.
3/2, 2 car garage.
$1,250 a month/ $1,200 deposit.
Call Mike Brasil 408-230-4139
- Football: Anticipating the Aggies
- Jaywalking: a dangerous habit
- Dr. Peter Smits announces retirement
- Students to test First Amendment knowledge
- Drones fly into business world
- Student group to fight campus food waste
- All hail the Intern Queen
- ‘Tis the season…to ski
- Deal making: Iran won’t follow through. Why should it?
- Men’s Basketball: ‘Dogs take two in Fresno State Classic
- Reckoning: The true economic toll of Black Friday
- Oliaro reflects on career and future