Women’s Basketball: Bulldogs picked to win Mountain West
The Fresno State women’s basketball team was picked to win this year’s Mountain West Conference Championship in a preseason poll — a year after capturing the Mountain West tournament crown under in coach Raegan Pebley’s first year at Fresno State.
Senior guard Taylor Thompson was selected to the conference’s preseason all-conference team. Thompson is one of three returning starters this season and is joined by senior forward Bree Farley and junior Alex Sheedy, who played both forward and center last season.
The Bulldogs received 17 of 25 first-place votes in the preseason poll – a voting panel comprised of the league’s 11 head coaches and select media members from around the conference.
Wyoming, whom the Bulldogs edged 63-63 in last year’s Mountain West tournament semifinal, was picked to finish second ahead of 2013 regular-season champion San Diego State.
“Wins and championships take care of themselves when a program focuses on a process of getting better every single day,” Pebley said. “So instead of focusing on a record or the past, we will focus on evaluating ourselves with a humble and hungry heart.”
Big House near FSU.
3/2, 2 car garage.
$1,250 a month/ $1,200 deposit.
Call Mike Brasil 408-230-4139
- Holiday Products at The Rue and Gwen Gibson Farm Market
- High hopes, greater humility: Fresno State All-American seeks success
- A Taste from the ‘Holy Grail’ [gallery]
- Faculty have mixed reviews of Rate My Professors
- Fresno State community remembers Mandela
- Freeze worries Central Valley, Fresno State farmers
- ‘Helping Hams’ for families on Christmas
- The end: Assessing my education
- Football: Fresno State faces USC in Las Vegas Bowl
- Debaters take issue with scoring system, perceptions
- Alumni find success in business
- Carolyn Coon takes interim role with Oliaro retirement