Bulldogs drop two in weekend set
The Fresno State women’s soccer team dropped both of its weekend games against the UC Santa Barbara Gauchos and the Cal State Fullerton Titans.
On Saturday, the team visited the Gauchos to open the season. Goalie Katie DeVault had five saves and allowed only two goals. Allie Ariniello scored the first goal for the Gauchos in the 29th minute. Madison Buckley scored the second in the 52nd minute. The Bulldogs, made six shots in the game, and the Gauchos had 12 shots.
On Sunday, the Titans gained their first victory over the Bulldogs in a 1-0 contest. Christina Burkenroad scored the only goal of the game in the closing seconds of the first half. The Titans had 19 shots to the Bulldogs’ nine. Senior Morgan Castain led the Bulldogs with four shots.
The Bulldogs will host Santa Clara on Aug. 31 at Bulldog Stadium, where they will try to break the NCAA soccer attendance record.
Big House near FSU.
3/2, 2 car garage.
$1,250 a month/ $1,200 deposit.
Call Mike Brasil 408-230-4139
- Electrical grid sustains second failure in less than a year
- Women’s Basketball: ‘Dogs rout San Diego Christian
- Football: Q&A with Utah State’s newspaper
- South Africa’s uniter dies at 95
- Senator visits dairy, talks farm bill’s impact
- Holiday gift options for ‘Dogs at the ‘Kennel’
- Students light up Christmas Tree Lane
- Too much caffeine: dangerous?
- Weekend Wonders: from Christmas to the zoo
- The idle society: Why the Puritans had the right idea
- Wrestling: By not reinstating this NCAA sport, Fresno State is alienating spectators and athletes
- The capitalism espoused by Rush Limbaugh is a zero-sum fallacy