Football: Fresno State to wear alternate uniforms, helmets this season
For the first time in school history, the Fresno State Bulldogs will wear all-black uniforms and helmet.
The Bulldogs, who have long since stuck with their traditional colors of red at home, will be donning new special uniforms or helmets for select homes games this season, the school announced on Thursday.
Fresno State will debut its all-black uniforms and helmets at home against Nevada on Nov. 2.
The Bulldogs will also wear their all-white away uniforms – and new white helmet – during their Aug. 29 season opener against Rutgers at Bulldog Stadium.
Fresno State will wear a throwback helmet featuring the old script Bulldogs logo in white lettering against UNLV on Oct. 19 – the Bulldogs’ homecoming game. The last time Fresno State wore the throwback helmet was in 1996.
Against Cal Poly on Sept. 7, the Bulldogs will wear accented green wristbands, socks and arm bands – meant to represent the Valley’s agricultural history – to go along with their traditional home uniforms.
Fans attending the games against Rutgers (all-white) and Nevada (all-black) are encouraged to wear the team’s respective uniform colors for the game. Fans are also encouraged to wear red during Fresno State’s Sept. 20 game against Boise State.
The alternate uniform and helmets are uncharted territory for Fresno State, which has traditionally stuck to one set of home and away uniforms and one helmet.
While the Bulldogs did not play with alternate uniforms during the 2012 season, they did wear a different combination of uniforms – white jerseys and red pants – in the Hawaii Bowl against SMU.
Fresno State debuted its current set of home and away uniforms during the 2011 season.
The special uniforms and helmets will be unveiled later this summer.
Big House near FSU.
3/2, 2 car garage.
$1,250 a month/ $1,200 deposit.
Call Mike Brasil 408-230-4139
- KEEPING CALM: Fresno State defense hopes to regain composure with MW title on line
- Electrical grid sustains second failure in less than a year
- Women’s Basketball: ‘Dogs rout San Diego Christian
- Football: Q&A with Utah State’s newspaper
- South Africa’s uniter dies at 95
- Senator visits dairy, talks farm bill’s impact
- Holiday gift options for ‘Dogs at the ‘Kennel’
- Students light up Christmas Tree Lane
- Too much caffeine: dangerous?
- Weekend Wonders: from Christmas to the zoo
- The idle society: Why the Puritans had the right idea
- Wrestling: By not reinstating this NCAA sport, Fresno State is alienating spectators and athletes