MW Tournament update: ’Dogs eliminate Wolf Pack to stay in the hunt
Fresno State faces San Diego State today at 3 p.m. at Beiden Field in third elimination game.
The Fresno State baseball team routed Nevada 10-1 in Friday’s early game to stay alive in the Mountain West Conference Tournament.
The Bulldogs used a monster sixth and eighth innings, where they scored nine combined runs, to seal the deal against the Wolf Pack, and eliminating them from the tournament.
Tyler Linehan pitched a full game against the Wolf Pack, giving up five hits and striking out eight.
Fresno State outhit the Wolf Pack 10-5, with Brody Russell (four RBIs) and Jordan Luplow (three RBIs) leading the way.
Nevada served the Bulldogs’ their first loss of the tournament in both teams’ opening game.
The Bulldogs play San Diego State today at 3 p.m. in their third elimination game of the tournament. Fresno State is 18-4 in elimination games since 2008.
Fresno State must win four-straight in order to win the Mountain West title and secure a bid to an NCAA Regional.
Big House near FSU.
3/2, 2 car garage.
$1,250 a month/ $1,200 deposit.
Call Mike Brasil 408-230-4139
- Mountain West Victory!
- Holiday Products at The Rue and Gwen Gibson Farm Market
- High hopes, greater humility: Fresno State All-American seeks success
- A Taste from the ‘Holy Grail’ [gallery]
- Faculty have mixed reviews of Rate My Professors
- Fresno State community remembers Mandela
- Freeze worries Central Valley, Fresno State farmers
- ‘Helping Hams’ for families on Christmas
- The end: Assessing my education
- Football: Fresno State faces USC in Las Vegas Bowl
- Debaters take issue with scoring system, perceptions
- Alumni find success in business