Men’s Basketball: ’Dogs resume conference play at Air Force
The Matchup: Fresno State (7-12, 1-5 MWC) at Air Force (12-6, 3-2 MWC)
• Wednesday, Jan. 30 in Colorado Springs, Colo. Tip off is at 6 p.m. PT.
The Fresno State men’s basketball team heads into tonight’s game at 1-5 in Mountain West Conference play.
Air Force, which holds the highest free throw percentage (.835) and highest field goal percentage (.425) in the league, is 3-2 in league play.
With that record, the Falcons are in the middle of the pack in the standings and tied with Colorado State and UNLV.
The Bulldogs are 3-6 on the road this years. At 8-1, the Falcons have been dominant at home — Clune Arena.
1. Too many free throws
The Bulldogs have lost their last three games to Mountain West opponents Nevada, Boise State and Colorado State.
The three teams made a combined 85.7 percent of their free throws. That includes a 26-of-26 night from the foul line by the Broncos. Air Force has the highest free throw percentage in the Mountain West.
2. On the road again
The Bulldogs have lost their last four games on the road. Fresno State has not won on the road since Dec. 3, a 64-59 win against Long Beach State.
Fresno State’s last six of 10 games will be on the road.
3. History on ‘Dogs’ side
The Bulldogs lead the all-time series against Air Force 9-4. That advantage extends games played on Air Force’s home court in Colorado Springs, Colo. The last time these two teams played was in 2001 at the Selland Arena. Fresno State won the game 68-52.
Did you see…
…Fresno State’s second-half resurgence during Saturday’s game against Colorado State before falling 74-63.
The Bulldogs went into halftime down by 18, but went on a 19-6 run to start the second half.
They didn’t grab the lead, though closed the gap between the Rams 50-45 in the middle of the second half. Tyler Johnson led Fresno State in scoring with 23 points. Marvelle Harris and Allen Huddleston each added 15 points.
Huddleston had previously scored 20 point off the bench on the road against Boise State, a 74-67 loss for the Bulldogs.
Big House near FSU.
3/2, 2 car garage.
$1,250 a month/ $1,200 deposit.
Call Mike Brasil 408-230-4139
- Holiday Products at The Rue and Gwen Gibson Farm Market
- High hopes, greater humility: Fresno State All-American seeks success
- A Taste from the ‘Holy Grail’ [gallery]
- Faculty have mixed reviews of Rate My Professors
- Fresno State community remembers Mandela
- Freeze worries Central Valley, Fresno State farmers
- ‘Helping Hams’ for families on Christmas
- The end: Assessing my education
- Football: Fresno State faces USC in Las Vegas Bowl
- Debaters take issue with scoring system, perceptions
- Alumni find success in business
- Carolyn Coon takes interim role with Oliaro retirement