New ASI radio show kicks off at The Bucket
The Bucket is hosting a kickoff party for the Fresno State radio station, 90.7 KFSR Full Spectrum Radio, from 9 p.m. to midnight on Thursday.
The late night celebration will focus around a new program, “Dog Dish,” airing at the same time hosted by Jordan King, the Associated Students, Inc. communications assistant.
King interns for Girl Scouts of the United States of America, and is the director of public relations for TALK, the student-run public relations firm and president of Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA).
“It is a completely new way KFSR and Fresno State are getting together,” King said. “It is a new angle and a new goal for the station.”
The show was made for student opinions and voices on the air as well as playing music. Mike Stephens, program director at KFSR, said the party at The Bucket is a good idea.
“Nobody has done this at The Bucket,” he said. “We are entering new territory.”
King, the new Thursday-night disc jockey, worked on the Bulldog Blog last semester.
“It is going to be a learning opportunity for the radio station and the campus,” King said.
ASI is the sponsor for the new Thursday timeslot.
Rebecca Rosengarten, vice president of finance, is involved when ASI spends money on projects like this.
“I think [King] will be great,” she said. “We already knew her and knew she would be a good choice. I’m hoping students are going to enjoy the show so we can continue this in the future.”
Rosengarten said the show will feature guests that are relevant to events happening around the school at the time such as having an interview with a popular football player or a student musician who will play live music on the radio station.
“King has done everything she needed to make us feel comfortable picking her as our new DJ,” Stephens said. “She showed us that she is the right choice.”
The Bucket is open late for the event for three hours during the show.
“As far as I knew, nobody has ever had a party at The Bucket, especially at 9 at night,” he said.
The public is invited to the event to enjoy the “show and the libations” with ASI and the KFSR crew.
And for the rest of the semester: “Don’t worry,” Stephens said. “The sour cream will be on the potatoes.”
Big House near FSU.
3/2, 2 car garage.
$1,250 a month/ $1,200 deposit.
Call Mike Brasil 408-230-4139
- KEEPING CALM: Fresno State defense hopes to regain composure with MW title on line
- Electrical grid sustains second failure in less than a year
- Women’s Basketball: ‘Dogs rout San Diego Christian
- Football: Q&A with Utah State’s newspaper
- South Africa’s uniter dies at 95
- Senator visits dairy, talks farm bill’s impact
- Holiday gift options for ‘Dogs at the ‘Kennel’
- Students light up Christmas Tree Lane
- Too much caffeine: dangerous?
- Weekend Wonders: from Christmas to the zoo
- The idle society: Why the Puritans had the right idea
- Wrestling: By not reinstating this NCAA sport, Fresno State is alienating spectators and athletes