Women’s Basketball: Fresno State starts fast in road win
Visiting Fresno State got off to a fast start, piling up a 17-2 lead eight minutes into regulation, and led all throughout in its 69-58 Mountain West Conference women’s basketball win over Colorado State on Sunday at Moby Arena.
Four Bulldogs scored in double figures, with Ki-Ki Moore’s 18 points leading all scorers.
Rosie Moult added 13 points and four steals. Bree Farley added 15, making 5-of-7 3-pointers. Alex Sheedy added 14 in the Bulldogs’ third-straight conference win by 10 or more points.
Fresno State forced nine steals and 15 turnovers on defense.
The Bulldogs led 40-22 at halftime and by as much as 21 points in the first half.
LaDeyah Forte and Caitlin Duffy led Colorado State with 12 and 11 points, respectively.
Fresno State improves to 13-6 overall and 5-1 in conference play. Six of the Bulldogs’ final 10 games will be played at home.
- MW Tournament update: ’Dogs eliminate Wolf Pack to stay in the hunt
- Mountain West Tournament: Opening loss to Nevada places ’Dogs in must-win scenario
- UC San Francisco vice chancellor Joseph Castro returns to Valley roots as Fresno State’s next president
- CSU Trustees name UC San Francisco vice chancellor Joseph Castro as new Fresno State president
- ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ review: Boldly takes audiences on a fun and exciting ride
- Fresno State AD Thomas Boeh withdraws candidacy from Rutgers’ athletic director position
- ‘The Great Gatsby’ review: More good than great
- Baseball: Big hits from Viers, Judge push Bulldogs to win
- Club Sports: Champion rodeo rider Uhuru Adem overcomes adversities
- Track and Field: ‘Dogs fine tune for MW championships
- Preview: 2013 Mountain West Conference Baseball Championships
- Commentary: Don’t count them out yet