New ASI senator voted into office
Due to excessive absences of a former senator, a new Associated Students, Inc. senator was voted into office Wednesday to represent the Lyles College of Engineering.
Marco Castaneda, 20, a geomatics engineering major, was voted in by current ASI senators nearly unanimously after he made his case.
Castaneda received all but two votes.
“It was between me and another candidate, Joshua Raymond,” Castaneda said. “We presented our case and I was voted in.”
Castaneda replaces the seat vacated by Adrienne Olaivar who had missed too many ASI meetings.
With such a large portion of the vote, Castaneda has the endorsement of ASI as he begins work to represent the engineering side of Fresno State.
“ASI was searching for a candidate who was passionate about ASI, wanted to work hard, and was best to represent the Lyles College of Engineering,” ASI communications assistant Jordan King said. “ASI believes Marco is a well-qualified candidate.”
Castaneda, who is from Manteca is a member of the Student Association of Geomatic Engineers, the California Land Surveying Association Student Chapter, and the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity.
Castaneda described himself as determined with a strong work ethic and said he hoped to represent fellow engineers as best he could.
“I wanted to make sure my college had a voice and knew that when an opportunity like this presented itself I should seize it,” Castaneda said. “Getting involved with ASI is giving me the chance to have a leadership role, and I look forward to making a positive impact for the student body and for my college.”
Big House near FSU.
3/2, 2 car garage.
$1,250 a month/ $1,200 deposit.
Call Mike Brasil 408-230-4139
- KEEPING CALM: Fresno State defense hopes to regain composure with MW title on line
- Electrical grid sustains second failure in less than a year
- Women’s Basketball: ‘Dogs rout San Diego Christian
- Football: Q&A with Utah State’s newspaper
- South Africa’s uniter dies at 95
- Senator visits dairy, talks farm bill’s impact
- Holiday gift options for ‘Dogs at the ‘Kennel’
- Students light up Christmas Tree Lane
- Too much caffeine: dangerous?
- Weekend Wonders: from Christmas to the zoo
- The idle society: Why the Puritans had the right idea
- Wrestling: By not reinstating this NCAA sport, Fresno State is alienating spectators and athletes