Alcantara caps senior season with all-MWC honors
Senior setter Barbara Alcantara, a captain on this year’s Fresno State volleyball team, ended her career as a Bulldog with a bang.
Alcantara earned All-Mountain West Conference honors to cap a senior campaign in which she averaged a conference-leading 11.2 assists per set.
The Mountain West All-Conference Women’s Volleyball awards, with a selection panel that includes the nine head coaches in the conference, made the announcement.
Alcantara is the first Fresno State volleyball player to receive the honor.
The Bulldogs finished 18-13 overall and 9-7 in conference play in their first year as members of the Mountain West.
Alcantara finished with 1,348 assists this season, which leads the Mountain West and ranks 28th in the nation.
Fresno State concluded its regular season Friday in a 3-2 win against Boise State at the Save Mart Center. In her final match as a Bulldog, Alcantara recorded her ninth double-double of the season with 49 assists and 10 digs.
Her performance against the Broncos helped earn her Mountain West Women’s Volleyball Player of the Week honors for the week of Nov. 19-25.
Prior to joining the Bulldogs, Alcantara helped lead the College of Southern Idaho to the Division I semifinals in the 2009 NJCAA national tournament.
Big House near FSU.
3/2, 2 car garage.
$1,250 a month/ $1,200 deposit.
Call Mike Brasil 408-230-4139
- KEEPING CALM: Fresno State defense hopes to regain composure with MW title on line
- Electrical grid sustains second failure in less than a year
- Women’s Basketball: ‘Dogs rout San Diego Christian
- Football: Q&A with Utah State’s newspaper
- South Africa’s uniter dies at 95
- Senator visits dairy, talks farm bill’s impact
- Holiday gift options for ‘Dogs at the ‘Kennel’
- Students light up Christmas Tree Lane
- Too much caffeine: dangerous?
- Weekend Wonders: from Christmas to the zoo
- The idle society: Why the Puritans had the right idea
- Wrestling: By not reinstating this NCAA sport, Fresno State is alienating spectators and athletes