Bulldogs will need bite against Aggies
Fresno State will take on UC Davis in a single-game nonconference showdown at 6 p.m. today at Beiden Field.
The Bulldogs are coming off a series loss to Nevada and finished the month of April going 5-9 with a 2-4 mark at home.
Bulldog pitcher Tom Harlan is coming of a nail-biting 1-0 loss to the Wolf Pack where he only allowed two hits in 6.2 innings of work. He had a no-hitter going into the sixth inning that was broken up by a single by Nevada’s Brooks Klein. The loss was Harlan’s seventh but he leads all starters with a 2.59 ERA.
The Bulldog offense boasts three players batting above .300 including Trent Garrison who is one home run away from leading the team in all three triple-crown categories.
This will be the only time this season that the two teams will meet with their game on April 10 being canceled due to weather. Five of the Bulldogs games this year have been either postponed or canceled.
The Aggies are coming off a month where they went 5-11 with a record of 3-9 away from Davis. Overall, the Aggies are 6-15 in away games.
UC Davis has five players batting above .300 among eligible batters three of which are in the top three among the team in RBI’s. They have scored nine or more runs twice this season.
The Aggies starting rotation are led by ace Dayne Quist who pitched in Friday’s game losing to UC Santa Barbara 8-2. It was Quist’s first loss of the season giving him a 6-1 record. He also has a team leading 2.52 ERA. The Aggies could also potentially use Spencer Koopmans or Ben Burke who have spot started for the team which will be likely since this is a Wednesday game.
Big House near FSU.
3/2, 2 car garage.
$1,250 a month/ $1,200 deposit.
Call Mike Brasil 408-230-4139
- Faculty have mixed reviews of Rate My Professors
- Fresno State community remembers Mandela
- Freeze worries Central Valley, Fresno State farmers
- ‘Helping Hams’ for families on Christmas
- The end: Assessing my education
- Football: Fresno State faces USC in Las Vegas Bowl
- Debaters take issue with scoring system, perceptions
- Alumni find success in business
- Carolyn Coon takes interim role with Oliaro retirement
- Workshop to educate students about drought
- Fresno State wins inaugural Mountain West Championship Game
- Road to Vegas [gallery]