Sights of the Senior Art Exhibit at the Conley Art Gallery
More than two dozen Fresno State seniors had their work featured in the Senior Art Exhibit at the Conley Art Gallery on campus. Two jurors from outside the Fresno State community selected 40 works that they felt best represented the caliber of art at Fresno State. The show featured an array of work, including paintings, photographs, sculptures, screen prints and projections. Conley Art Gallery technician Edward Lund said the show is different from shows in the past. “These shows are always the most surprising shows,” he said. “Each one ends up bringing its own entity.”
The exhibit ends today (April 20).
Below are photos our staff photographer Esteban Cortez took of the event and the works featured. Did you attend the show? Did you have any favorite pieces?
Valerie Voss’s “rituals” was a multilayered piece that utilized video and a found object. “When I see things in every day life, I tend to photograph it,” Voss said. Her work was also recognized as an outstanding piece Thursday evening.
Rosa Alvarez’s “Letters” photo series was one of the most popular works in the show. Freshman Xitlaly Ocampo (pictured) said “Letters” was her favorite work in the entire show because it was really personal.
An emotional, teary-eyed Elizabeth Alvarez hugs her sister Rosa Alvarez after seeing her sister’s complete photo series for the first time. She said she was emotional because she understood what her sister was saying in the letters and photos.
Big House near FSU.
3/2, 2 car garage.
$1,250 a month/ $1,200 deposit.
Call Mike Brasil 408-230-4139
- Mountain West Victory!
- Holiday Products at The Rue and Gwen Gibson Farm Market
- High hopes, greater humility: Fresno State All-American seeks success
- A Taste from the ‘Holy Grail’ [gallery]
- Faculty have mixed reviews of Rate My Professors
- Fresno State community remembers Mandela
- Freeze worries Central Valley, Fresno State farmers
- ‘Helping Hams’ for families on Christmas
- The end: Assessing my education
- Football: Fresno State faces USC in Las Vegas Bowl
- Debaters take issue with scoring system, perceptions
- Alumni find success in business