Softball: Bulldogs vs. BYU Called on Account of Rain while tied 3-3
Coming off two wins in Friday night’s doubleheader with Brigham Young, the Bulldogs were trailing 3-0 behind the Cougars in the first two innings of the final game in the series. But in the bottom of the third, Fresno State came roaring back on a home run to left-center field with two on base.
As the inning ended a full-on downpour caused officials to cancel the game before the required five innings had been completed.
The Bulldogs’ record stands at 24-13 overall and 4-1 in the Western Athletic Conference.
The Bulldogs will return on Wednesday to Bulldog Diamond for a doubleheader with UNLV and then play three games with Utah on Friday and Saturday.
- Angie Cates Moore stepping down as women’s golf coach
- Fresno State President-Designate Joseph Castro to form transition team
- Football: Fresno State to wear alternate uniforms, helmets this season
- Football: Fresno State legend Jack Mulkey dies at age 95
- MW Tournament update: ’Dogs eliminate Wolf Pack to stay in the hunt
- Mountain West Tournament: Opening loss to Nevada places ’Dogs in must-win scenario
- UC San Francisco vice chancellor Joseph Castro returns to Valley roots as Fresno State’s next president
- CSU Trustees name UC San Francisco vice chancellor Joseph Castro as new Fresno State president
- ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ review: Boldly takes audiences on a fun and exciting ride
- Fresno State AD Thomas Boeh withdraws candidacy from Rutgers’ athletic director position
- ‘The Great Gatsby’ review: More good than great
- Baseball: Big hits from Viers, Judge push Bulldogs to win