Fallen tree branch damages vehicle
Teroy Roberts surveys the damage to his car as he speaks with his
insurance agent on the phone.
Sergio Robles / The Collegian
Although it was a sunny day, Dec. 1st was a bad day for student Teroy Roberts because of the strong winds that left a tree branch lying on top of his car.
His 2006 Mustang, parked in the ‘G’ Lot next to the dorms, was in a stall next to a tree planter.
The unusual weather toppled other branches throughout campus, including one that forced the Cedar Ave. entrance to the dorms to be closed. A fallen branch blocked the sidewalk between the Aspen dorms and the Henry Madden library, and next to Speech Arts a branch measuring more than 20 feet fell on the lawn.
No injuries have been reported.
- ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ review: Boldly takes audiences on a fun and exciting ride
- Fresno State AD Thomas Boeh withdraws candidacy from Rutgers’ athletic director position
- ‘The Great Gatsby’ review: More good than great
- Baseball: Big hits from Viers, Judge push Bulldogs to win
- Club Sports: Champion rodeo rider Uhuru Adem overcomes adversities
- Track and Field: ‘Dogs fine tune for MW championships
- Preview: 2013 Mountain West Conference Baseball Championships
- Commentary: Don’t count them out yet
- Campus tech leader Russell Perry remembered
- Dog House cancels pre-graduation celebration
- The Legacy of John D. Welty
- Dear Mr. President, do you not know?