The Collegian newspaper was recognized by the California College Media Association at the organizations annual award ceremony this weekend for its coverage in news print and advertising.
The CCMA holds a competition among hundreds of college newspapers across the state to honor excellence in student journalism.
Here is a list of the awards:
•Second place, General Excellence, Print
• Third place, Best News, Non-Breaking (March 6, 2009); Heather Billings
• First place, Best Editorial: The Collegian; Our View: Execs Not Exempt (October 16, 2009); Collegian Staff
• Second place, Best Photo Illustration: The Collegian; NCAA 2010 (September 2, 2009); Matt Weir
• Second place, Best Photo Series (February 9, 2009); Bryan Cole
• Third place, Best News Page Design (December 7, 2009); Jakob Smith
• Second place, Best Feature Page Design: Caffeine Crazy (March 18, 2009); Valerie Nevens
• Third place, Best Infographic: Library Survey (December 2, 2009); Brandon Ocegueda
• Second place, Best Sports Page Design: (February 4, 2009); Logan Hopkins and George Stepanoff Jr
• Third place, Best Special Section: Spring Fashion (April 22, 2009); Advertising
• First place, Best Group Promotion: (October 14, 2009)