Library exhibit highlights past Fresno State athletes
The Henry Madden Library and athletics department are collaborating together to create a homecoming exhibit that will feature former Fresno State athletes.
Dean of library sciences Peter McDonald said that through the exhibit they want to help provide athletics with the materials to build their hall of fame.
McDonald said the hall of fame, which will be a building located in the southwest quadrant of Cedar and Barstow. The building will house the hall of fame, ticket booths, press conferences, and a welcome center.
Bulldog Pride: The Modern Era of Fresno State Athletics exhibit will open Saturday, Oct. 17 from 4 p.m.-6 p.m. in the Ellipse Gallery on the second floor of north wing of the Henry Madden Library. The exhibit will be open for three weeks.
The exhibit will highlight trophies, memorabilia, stories, and photographs from California State University, Fresno athletics dating back to the 1960s. There will be a mixture of past and present menâ€™s and womenâ€™s sports.
Organizers want to show the Bulldog Foundation and sports supporters that Fresno State is more about academics than athletics.
The featured athletes will have some time at the microphone to share their athletic experiences at Fresno State. Fans are welcome to talk to them afterwards according to McDonald.
â€œItâ€™s intended as a celebration and an afternoon of festivities honoring the state of Fresno State athletics,â€ McDonald said.
Several of the athletes went on and had very successful careers in sports, according to McDonald.
The pep band, cheer squad, and mascot Timeout will be at the reception. Food and refreshments will also be served.
Associate dean of library services David Tyckoson said that because of the band playing and the exhibit, the library wonâ€™t be quiet that day.
The library is usually closed on Saturdays but will be open this Saturday for anyone who wants to come to the event or study.
There will also be library tours before the reception for alumni or anyone who arrives between noon and 2 p.m.
â€œWeâ€™d love to see students come even though this is a mark for athletics in the past, itâ€™s the athletes here today who will be in the hall of fame in the future,â€ McDonald said.
Big House near FSU.
3/2, 2 car garage.
$1,250 a month/ $1,200 deposit.
Call Mike Brasil 408-230-4139
- KEEPING CALM: Fresno State defense hopes to regain composure with MW title on line
- Electrical grid sustains second failure in less than a year
- Women’s Basketball: ‘Dogs rout San Diego Christian
- Football: Q&A with Utah State’s newspaper
- South Africa’s uniter dies at 95
- Senator visits dairy, talks farm bill’s impact
- Holiday gift options for ‘Dogs at the ‘Kennel’
- Students light up Christmas Tree Lane
- Too much caffeine: dangerous?
- Weekend Wonders: from Christmas to the zoo
- The idle society: Why the Puritans had the right idea
- Wrestling: By not reinstating this NCAA sport, Fresno State is alienating spectators and athletes