Oct 17, 2019

Campus Speak

What have your Valentine’s Day experiences been in the past? Have they been good or bad?

“I’ve never really had a Valentine. In high school I did, but that doesn’t count. It wasn’t anything special. I think if you’re with someone, Valentine’s Day is cool. My mom always leaves me valentines, so that’s nice. I’m okay with that.”

Connie Beato
Junior
Business

“Last year my Valentine’s Day was pretty good. My boyfriend made me dinner and I made him a card and some dessert and it was really nice. We just had a little dinner together.”

Caitlin Pool
Sophomore
Liberal Studies

“This year, my girlfriend told me that I didn’t have to get her a gift, but I don’t know if that’s a lie or a setup. Where do you go from there? In my past, you don’t have to do and do anything outrageous, just show someone you care.”

James Hoak
Junior
Business

“Last year, I went home and cooked for my girlfriend. We just had a very romantic dinner together.”

Steven Castillo
Freshman
Kinesiology

“My now-fiancé had a great Valentine’s Day gift for me our first Valentine’s Day. I live on campus, so my roommates let him into my room and he put chocolate candies around the room, gave me flowers and a picture frame with our names etched on it. It was a really great experience, so I like Valentine’s Day.”

Stefanie Chow
Senior
Natural Sciences: Biology

“I’ve never had a girlfriend on Valentine’s Day, intentionally, so I’ve saved a lot of money over the years. I believe that Valentine’s Day is just a ploy by the American government to push capitalism. I guess I’m okay with it, but I’m not going to support it.”

Brian Kniffin
Graduate Student
Applied Linguistics

Fresno State hosts Red Wave Classic Livestock Show

Breaking Hearts