May 25, 2019

Letter to the editor

For the first time in my life I am feeling hope — at least as far as our presidential race goes.

As a more liberal sort, I wasn’t finding much to enjoy in the upcoming presidential race. Aside from a couple bottom-runners, it’s the same old song and dance.

Then I began to hear about Ron Paul. How often is there a candidate where the more you hear about them, the better they sound?

I can’t sway you to Mr. Paul with a letter in a newspaper, but perhaps you can sway yourself. Do some research, because without support you won’t hear about him much in mainstream television media.

If you’re comfortable on the Internet, visit Youtube and watch his interviews. See his ideals. Find hope for a candidate that isn’t simply the lesser of two evils.

I have switched to the Republican party this year to vote for Ron Paul in our state primary, and I hope I won’t be the only one.

Have hope for your country — that it can be what it was supposed to be when ink and blood wet the parchment of the Constitution and created the greatest country in the world.

Robert J. Anaforian
English

Letters to the editor must:
• Not exceed 250 words in length
• Be typewritten
• Be accompanied by a full name and phone number to verify its content

The Collegian reserves the right to edit material for length, content, spelling and grammar, as well as the right to refuse publication of any material submitted. All material submitted to The Collegian becomes property of The Collegian.

Apathetic students fail to take advantage of campus offerings

Air Force ROTC marks national POW/MIA Day